Monday, July 26, 2010

Mount Finlayson - May 2010

My friend Nick and I went hiking on Mount Finlayson one weekend in May. It's in beautiful Goldstream Provincial Park just outside of Victoria. After driving around in confusion for a while we parked on the back side of the mountain and hiked the short, but steep trail. It was cloudy and overcast the whole way up, and extremely windy at the top. But of course, the moment we left the top the sun appeared through the trees. We saw lots of slugs along the way.


These black ones (known as black arion) always fascinate me, with their beautiful deep black colouring.

I brought my sturdy (ie. 8 or 9 lbs) Manfrotto tripod along - which Nick pretty much lugged the entire way - and only ended up using it for one shot. So I figured I should probably include that shot.

Oh, and it was one of my favorites from the day! I just love the lush, mossy, green, of the rain forests on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment